- Conference Theme
- Conference Photographs
- Organising Committee
- Review Committee
- Conference Proceedings
Conference Theme: "East Meets West: Innovation and Discovery"
July 7–9, 2017 | The Jurys Inn Brighton Waterfront, Brighton, UK
From natural phenomena and the results of climate change to pollution and societal traumas, migrations and war, the enormous challenges that face humankind and our environment are frequently daunting and difficult to comprehend. However, with every new challenge or disruption comes the opportunity for innovation and discovery. Whether inventing new technologies, implementing innovative systems, enacting better policies, legislation, or governance, or ensuring greater cooperation and information sharing, responses are many and varied.
From incremental shift to radical change, from the local to the regional and from the national to the global, this international conference will focus on the challenges that demand a collective response. It will highlight the need to harness our abilities as scientists, policymakers, practitioners, engineers and educators to find multidisciplinary solutions in pursuit of the common goal of a sustainable world.
ECSEE2017 Conference Photographs
Human interaction is at the root of all knowledge creation, and hence the great importance of the conference in introducing, testing and spreading ideas through challenging, rigorous and thought provoking discussion and debate. But beyond that, a conference is also a great chance to meet people from around the world, and to extend and grow ones’s professional network, and above all, to make friends.
It may be impossible to tell the story of the conference, or rather the many hundreds of interlocking stories that go to make up the conference, but the documentary photography in this slideshow aims to give a taster of the more serious academic side of the event, as well as the lighter side…
The Organising Committee of The European Conference on Sustainability, Energy & the Environment (ECSEE) is composed of distinguished academics who are experts in their fields. Organising Committee members may also be members of IAFOR's International Academic Advisory Board. The Organising Committee is responsible for nominating and vetting Keynote and Featured Speakers; developing the conference programme, including special workshops, panels, targeted sessions, and so forth; event outreach and promotion; recommending and attracting future Organising Committee members; working with IAFOR to select PhD students and early career academics for IAFOR-funded grants and scholarships; and oversee the reviewing of abstracts submitted to the conference.
ECSEE2017 Review Committee
- Dr Davidson Egirani, Niger Delta University, Nigeria
- Dr Elżbieta Antczak, University of Lodz, Poland
- Dr Evelyn Lami Ashelo Allu, University of Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria
- Professor Jose Miguel Soares, ISEG–Lisbon School of Economics and Management, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Dr Mohamad Awang, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, Malaysia
- Dr Serdar Celik, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, USA
ECSS2017 Review Committee
- Dr Abiodun Oluwadare, National Open University of Nigeria, Nigeria
- Dr Halina Sendera Mohd. Yakin, University of Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia
- Dr Maria Faina Diola, University of the Philippines, Diliman, The Philippines
- Professor Mohd Rizal Mohd Yaakop, National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
- Dr Oluwakemi Akintan, Ekiti State University, Ado Ekiti, Nigeria
- Dr Veera Gupta, National University of Educational Planning and Administration, India
IAFOR's peer review process, which involves both reciprocal review and the use of Review Committees, is overseen by conference Organising Committee members under the guidance of the Academic Governing Board. Review Committee members are established academics who hold PhDs or other terminal degrees in their fields and who have previous peer review experience.
If you would like to apply to serve on the ECSEE Review Committee, please visit our application page.